I get asked often about the tools I use to make my photography business successful!
I thought I’d compile a list of vendors, tools and helpful websites I use.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please understand that I have experience with all of these companies, and I recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
WEBSITES / BRANDING
- BLUEHOST :: I use Bluehost to host my Blog (the background side of things). Why? Because WordPress installation is incredibly easy & customer service is excellent. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND them!
- PROPHOTO :: Prophoto rocks my blogging world! Is an easy to use, good looking blog template (which you see used as my main blog form) CLICK HERE AND GET $10.00 OFF YOUR PURCHASE!
- SHOPIFY :: I use Shopify as my online store site to easily sell products over the internet. It was easy to figure out how to use the templates they provide and a great way to add an ecommerce storefront to my business. I had my storefront up and running in no time – and I don’t see any other way I could have done it so easily! You can get a 14 day free trial by using this link!
- PHOTO BIZ :: For my main website I use Photobiz! They have fully customizable website templates at a great price point.
- ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD :: I use the CREATIVE CLOUD / PHOTOSHOP & LIGHTROOM – I think it’s awesome! You don’t need to purchase the newest high dollar programs every time a new version is released… you can actually get the most up to date versions of Photoshop and Lightroom starting at like 10 bucks a month! Seriously, this is a great way to go if you are wanting to keep your programs up to date and get access to fabulous software.
- VELVET OWL EDITING RECIPE :: This is the formula I’ve created to edit all of my work with! They are an easy combination of Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop actions and presets. Super simple to use – and they bring richness and consistency to my work. I’ve had so many great reviews of photographers who have made this a part of their workflow!
RECOMMENDED PRINTING / PRINT PRODUCTS
- MPIX : Prints I recommend Mpix to all of my clients! If you’ve purchased digital files from me, I’d be happy to upload your gallery directly and send you a link to where you can make prints through MPIX! Their colors are right in line with how I edit on my screen.
- SHUTTERFLY: For fun projects like Mugs / Puzzles/ Invitations made from your images, try Shutterfly , Tinyprints or Wedding Paper Divas!
RESOURCES & INSPIRATIONAL SITES FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS
- CREATIVE LIVE : An inspirational website that offers lots of creative insight for artists!
- CLICKIN MOMS : A great place to find inspiration and help on your photography endeavors.
WHAT’S IN MY BAG
- CAMERA BODY’s :: (1) Nikon D750 (2)Nikon D700’s
- LENS GLASS :: Nikkor 70-200mm 2.8 ; Nikkor 24-70mm 2.8 ; Nikkor 85mm 1.4G ; Nikkor 50mm 1.4 ; Nikkor 35mm 1.4 ; Nikkor 45mm 2.8 Tilt-Shift
- FLASH :: Nikkor SB800
- TRAVELING CAMERA BAG :: Great protective heavy duty case for packing up my gear to travel to weddings / or on flights with my gear.